I believe that anyone can create a secure retirement by finding the answer to 10 key questions.
Three of the questions are about your retirement income.
One of them is about protecting your retirement income.
Three questions are about your assets.
One of them is about protecting your assets.
One is about taxes.
The final question is about your financial legacy.
Here they are…..
- How and when will you take Social Security benefits?
- How and when will you take pension and/or annuity benefits?
- How will you supplement your Social Security, pension, and annuity income with the rest of the income that you need?
- How will you protect your retirement income in the event of a loss of a spouse and the income sources tied to them?
- How will you create and maintain an amount that you DON’T invest, needed for emergencies and short term goals?
- How will you invest your assets in a way that balances your need for growth and desire for protection?
- How will you wisely use housing wealth to create a safety net for your retirement goals?
- How will you protect your retirement assets from overwhelming healthcare and long term care costs?
- How will you minimize your income taxes throughout retirement?
- How can you best leave a financial legacy to your chosen beneficiaries?
A good, robust retirement planning process will ask and answer each of these.
Which one of these questions is the most difficult for you to find the answer to? Contact me and let me know.