My clients hire me so they can delegate their financial strategy and have more time for what matters most, such as their health, the quality of their relationships, and their personal and spiritual development. I’m dedicated to simplify their life and create the peace of mind that comes from having their financial house in order.
My passion is to help clients to create a predictable and sustainable retirement income (regardless of the whims of the markets and economic events) so they can focus on a meaningful “second half”. My business is founded on the belief that good financial planning does not have to be confusing, complex or scary.
I’m committed to competence, so I have earned not only a Master’s Degree in Family Financial Planning, but also the top designation that can be earned in our industry, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. In addition, I am a National Social Security Advisor (NSSA) of which there are less than 1,000 in the country.
I’m also committed to character. This means putting your interests and needs first. In legal terms, I act as a “fiduciary”—meaning I’m legally bound to put your interests first. Not all financial advisers are willing to do that, but I am.
Through The Stewardship Solution Education Services (www.tsseducationservices.org), we reach out to the community to empower seniors to make wise financial decisions regarding their retirement.
I am a voracious reader and lifelong learner. Married to Katie since 1996, we have gone on over 1,000 date nights. We have three sons; Ethan, Cameron, and Ashton. As a family, we have lived in Valencia since 2004.
Together, we enjoy today and express gratitude for the good fortune we have to do work we love that serves others in ways that make a lasting difference in their lives.
- We believe in a process-centered approach versus a product-centered approach. We begin each engagement with a blank slate of which strategies may be the most effective for a client’s situation based on their unique needs, goals, and priorities
- We believe in operating as a fiduciary in our investment advice
- We believe that the first priority of a client’s assets is to create the predictable income they need in retirement that cannot be outlived
- We are agnostic about the use of annuities in retirement. They are simply a tool that clients can use for creating predictable and lifetime income in retirement but are not necessarily a good fit for every situation
- We believe in a tactical, dynamic investment management approach for the growth-centered portion of a client’s portfolio versus a static and passive asset allocation
- We believe that a fee-based approach to investment oversight puts the advisor and client on the same side of the financial table and is superior to a commission-based approach where the advisor is compensated by the product company recommended