My clients hire me so they can delegate their financial strategy and have more time for what matters most, such as their health, the quality of their relationships, and their personal and spiritual development. I’m dedicated to simplify your life and create the peace of mind that comes from having your financial house in order.
My passion is simplifying the decision-making process in retirement so you can focus on a meaningful second half.
My business is founded on the belief that good financial planning does not have to be confusing, complex or scary.
I’m committed to competence, so I have earned not only a Master’s Degree in Family Financial Planning, but also the top designation that can be earned in our industry, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.
I’m also committed to character. This means putting your interests and needs first. In legal terms, I act as a “fiduciary”—meaning I’m legally bound to put your interests first. Not all financial advisers are willing to do that, but I am.
Because many of our clients adopt a biblical stewardship approach to money, I endeavor to provide advice from this perspective and have earned the Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA) designation.
I am a voracious reader and lifelong learner. Married to Katie since 1996, we have gone on over 1,000 date nights. We have three sons; Ethan, Cameron, and Ashton. As a family, we have lived in Valencia since 2004.
- We believe in a process-centered approach versus a product-centered approach. We begin each engagement with a blank slate of which strategies may be the most effective for a client’s situation based on their unique needs, goals, and priorities
- We believe in operating as a fiduciary in our investment advice
- We believe that an effective retirement plan will maximize income, optimize assets and minimize taxes.
- We believe that you should make decisions about how to invest your money based on the purpose of each dollar. In the same way that there are unique hand tools for specific purposes (saw, hammer, screwdriver, etc), there are unique investment tools for each of the 4 purposes of money.
- We believe that a fee-based approach to investment oversight puts the advisor and client on the same side of the financial table and is superior to a commission-based approach where the advisor is compensated by the product company recommended